Senior Racing and Wagering Executive
Greyhound Racing Victoria
Greyhound Racing Victoria (GRV) is a governing body of Victorian greyhound racing which combines the role of regulator as well as the promoter of the sport. In 2017, the total wagering turnover in Australia was $32.598 billion (an increase of $3.714 billion or 13 per cent from 2015–2016). With this in mind, Vaughn will discuss the current status of the wagering industry including the opportunities and challenges for the future.
- A short history of the development of the wagering market in Australia.
- The current status of the wagering industry and how it effects racing jurisdictions.
- What racing and wagering operators do to assist each other
- A profile of the modern punter including behaviours
- The future of wagering in Australia.